Join Us For An Art Lesson!
Beginner Level Digital Art is designed to complete a digital drawing in a 60-minute lessons.
No prior knowledge of digital art is required.
1. Introduce student to the Sketchbook software
2. Explain the basics of drawing including the tools, layers, undo, color options, and opacity options, etc. Symmetry tool is recommended.
3. Students will practice drawing simple 3D shapes such as spheres, cubes, and pyramids.
4. Using a pencil or brush tool, students will learn to draft a rough sketch of the composition.
5. Student will draw on top, sketching out the simple shapes (rectangles, triangles, and circles) that make up the character
6. Student will add a layer on top to add lineart to the sketched out shapes.
7. Student will add a layer underneath to add color to the lineart and finish the illustration.
8. Student will learn to use Color Picker tool.
What you will need:
Autodesk Sketchbook downloaded on your device or similar digital art program
a phone or computer with Zoom (zoom.us) installed to attend class
Paper, pencil, Eraser (If you prefer to do the class traditionally instead of digitally)
Rules for joining the class:
Please keep your microphone muted
Raise your hand if you have a question
Show your art up close to the camera when asked to share progress
No recording the lesson out of respect to other students
All lessons are held virtually in real time online in California Pacific Standard Time.
*Class is non-refundable but may be transferred to a different class or different family.